Are you the sort who is always having coffee on the go? Chances are you must have thrown away stacks of paper coffee cups once the contents are finished without a second thought. However, there are certain things which you can do and recycle those cups doing your bit for the environment as well. The following are some ways which you can put those paper coffee cups to proper use.
Just make sure that you throw out the leftover contents and rinse the cups. Though it may seem a bit too much having to save the cup and then washing it too, but hey you have got to do your bit for the environment.
- Use the paper cups to plant small seedlings which would grow into tiny plants and you could then deposit the cup and all into the soil where it would decay with the rest of the soil. Albeit slowly but its better than having to put all the cups into a landfill.
- You could even use the coffee cups to make cute little organisers. Once you are done with sipping your coffee, rinse the cup and allow it to air dry. Later on get your creativity out and decorate the cup using colourful gel pens or stickers. You can then out your pens and other knick knacks in those cups. It looks cute and put those cups to good use as well. In fact if you have kids at home you can even turn it into an arts and crafts project. Children love cutting and pasting and it would helpfully keep them busy while you concentrate on those house chores.
- With holidays just around the corner, you could use all those paper coffee cups to make holiday garland. Just need to get some creative ideas over the net and you are god to go. These make up great looking party decorations and cost almost nothing. So why not be smart and get the cups rocking your holidays.
- You can even use the cups to make party favours. Just clean those cups well and fill them with candies or small gifts and wrap those tightly in cellophane. Finish with a fancy looking bow and you have super cute party favours in your hands. These work great for kiddie parties but adults have a knack for pretty things too and these would be a surefire hit at any party or event.
- You can go one step ahead and make paper cup lights. Just punch a hole in those cups and thread in fairy lights. These can look really pretty for an outdoor party at night. The paper cups add an interesting zing to the usual fairy lights and looks great as well.
- If all this sounds like too much creativity and you are simply not creative then just make sure you shred those cups and add them to your compost. It’s the best way to allow the paper cups to de-compost slowly and be put to good use as well.
So the next time you plan on throwing away that coffee cup, see if you could put it to some good use.